1. Specific restrictions on illegal aliens
Arizona-style immigration law
Proof of citizenship or legal residency in order to access government services and to register to vote.
New state criminal
trespass statute that allows local law enforcement to arrest illegal immigrants for simply
setting foot in Alabama.
2. Do away with annual re-appraisals of property, eliminate business privilege tax for small
businesses. Tax incentives for hiring
3. Education...Tax credits for home and private schools, remove
waste from education budget to include the millions a year that our state Public Television gets through the education budget. Dictate ten percent cost cut in higher education, targeted to lower tuition and fees
4. State Non compliance to Obama Care, previously debated in Legislature in 2010
A law prohibiting the federal government from compelling any Alabamian to participate in a health care system.
5. State National Guard,, Don't Ask don't Tell Forbid homosexuals from openly serving in our State National Guards, pattern after Virginia bill.
The Constitution gives the states the authority to run a state militia, we call the National Guard. So we have a choice to exercise our Constitutional rights and determine the qualifications of who is eligible to serve in our state militia.
More info, legal perspective info, and example of proposed legislation in Virginia,
Don't Ask Don't Tell, Stop Obama Gay Repeal
6. State Resolution TSA Airport Screening, similar to New Jersey.
Require that airports follow the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. To use a TSA screeners, must have probable cause or warrant signed by a judge.
4th Amendment Right of search and seizure regulated
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
7. Ethics Legislation, Ban Party to Party Transfer Loophole
8. Abortion Clinic Standards, and other restrictions to abortions.
Restore medical standards to abortion clinics as to the same ones held by the Governor Fob James Administration.
9. 10th Amendment Resolution
10. A ten percent reduction in state employees, with hiring freeze implemented during this session of the legislature.
11. A freeze on all state construction projects, except for public safety.
12. Emphasize and require an "English only policy" in all state and local offices and communications with the public.
13. Promote competition in the insurance industry to lower rates, buy allowing outside insurance companies to compete in Alabama on an equal footing with Alfa.
14. Form and charter an all volunteer commission reporting directly to the Governor on volunteerism to establish a system of food banks and free medical clinics to help break the reliance on federal grants and state
The following organizations support the above Legislation:
Alliance Against Abortion
Conservatives for Liberty
League of Christian Voters
Defenders of Constitution